Check if Warning Icon is Visible
The BigBlueButton will scan the user’s environment and set up on startup looking for possible issues with the browser, browser version, Flash version, and network.
If the BigBlueButton client finds one (or more issues), it will display a warning icon with an “Unread Notifications” popup in the lower right-hand corner. The popup will remain visible for about a minute.
Possible issues include:
- Flash version is out-of-date
- The current browser is not FireFox or Chrome
- FireFox or Chrome version is out-of-date
- Client is connecting behind a firewall
- Client is unable to connect to WebRTC audio
Clicking the warning icon will display the issues found.
This feedback gives the user the opportunity to make changes in their environment (such as switching browsers) that may improve their experience.
The warning icon also serves as quick way for a support agent to see if anything may be amiss with the user’s environment.