Welcome to Personal Rooms! A simple front-end for using BigBlueButton outside your institution's Learning Management System (LMS).
This article contains the following sections:
- What is Personal Rooms?
- What we need from you or your institution
- Requesting Personal Rooms
- Next steps - Account set up
What is Personal Rooms?
Personal Rooms is a simple front-end that allows your instructors to access BigBlueButton outside of your institution's Learning Management System (LMS).
Please note Personal Rooms use counts towards your premium purchased capacity. Ie. If an instructor has a Personal Room active and another instructor is using BigBlueButton in your LMS at the same time, that is 2 concurrent sessions.
Personal Rooms has all the features required to make your BigBlueButton server manageable and accessible, such as:
- Signup/Login with Office 365 or Google.
- Manage your account settings and user preferences.
- Create and manage your own personal rooms (BigBlueButton sessions).
- Allow users to wait for your room to start, then automatically join when it does.
- Invite others to your room using a simple URL.
- View recordings and share them with others.
You can try Personal Rooms on our demo server.
What we need from you to setup Personal Rooms
In order to set up a Personal Room instance for you or your institution we would need to configure your account authorization method.
Personal Rooms supports the following types of authentication:
If your institution uses one of the supported authentication methods, then select the supported method and submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with
- The required authorization parameters (see details in above links), and
- A person at your organization (name and e-mail) who we can setup as the administrator for your Personal Rooms.
Requesting Personal Rooms
To request Personal Rooms, submit a request to email@example.com with the required authorization parameters.
Also, if you are not a hosted customer of Blindside Networks and would like to use the Personal Rooms front end, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to connect you with our Customer Success Specialist!
Next Steps - Account Set Up & Management
Once set up, you can configure your Personal Rooms environment and complete your account set up:
- Manage users
- Page branding
- Recording visibility
- Creating user roles and permissions
Article is closed for comments.