What is SAML Auth?
SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) is an Authorization and Authentication protocol used to power single-sign-on and identity management.
What we need from you...
In your institutions SAML Identity Provider Add Personal Rooms as a new App or Service Provider (varies for each region) see:
- North America: https://launcher.reu1.blindsidenetworks.com/auth/saml/metadata
- Europe: https://launcher.reu1.blindsidenetworks.com/auth/saml/metadata
- Oceana (Australia): https://launcher.reu1.blindsidenetworks.com/auth/saml/metadata
Next include a callback to (varies for each region):
- North America: https://launcher.rna1.blindsidenetworks.com/auth/saml/callback
- Europe: https://launcher.reu1.blindsidenetworks.com/auth/saml/callback
- Oceana (Australia): https://launcher.roc2.blindsidenetworks.:com/auth/saml/callback
Be sure to include, as part of the launch, the following parameters:
- user_id = which is a unique user id in your context.
- email = which is the user email.
- name = which is a displayName, commonName or fullName.
You may also want to add:
- image = which is a URL to the user avatar.
- roles = which is a string with the role the user should be authenticated in Personal Rooms.
Next we would need either:
an endpoint from where we can take their SAML IdP EntityDescriptor, which is a metadata file that includes their public certificate, endpoint and some other info related to their IdP.
- the fingerprint of their certificate, and
- the actual endpoint of their IdP.