Currently, due to bandwidth concerns, we have disabled the ability for students to see other students webcams in some accounts, especially Free Tier accounts available through some learning management systems.
While on these accounts students can not see other student's webcams in regular sessions, webcams are still a BIG part of the lecture:
- Students can share webcams.
- Teacher's can see all student's webcams.
- Students can see the instructor's webcams.
- Students can see each other webcams in breakout rooms.
- Webcams are visible in recordings.
Also, to give students visibility to everyone's webcams -- which is important for K12 -- the instructor can share their screen while viewing all the webcams. Students will see the screen share and, in turn, see all the webcams on the Instructor's screen.
For a video showing who to use screen sharing to broadcast student's webcams to other students, see Showing webcams through screen sharing.