Currently, due to bandwidth concerns, we have disabled the ability for students to see other students webcams many conferences.
Webcams are still a BIG part of the lecture:
- Students can share webcams.
- Students can see the instructor's webcams and their webcam.
- Teacher's can see all student's webcams.
- Students can see each other webcams in breakout rooms.
- Webcams are visible in recordings.
Also, the instructor can share their screen while viewing all the webcams, such as before starting the class, and though screen sharing give other students a look at each other.
Here's a video on how this works: Showing webcams through screen sharing.